Montag, 18. Mai 2015

Khador 2015 Part 07 - Zerkova World Domination Tour, Initial Circle thoughts

Last thursday I got two games in (the first in roughly a year), and one of those actually was a ZWDT game - the other was only 35pts, so didn't count. The big game was against Morvahna1 with a Sacral Vault (with Robin M, Champion of SmogCon, at the helm), the small one was against Krüger2 (pardon the German spelling, can't help it).

Follow me beyond the break for lists, thoughts, and further considerations regarding Circle.
As a word of warning: My model selection was limited by a lot of my army being in different states of disassembly to get them painted. Those I took with me were those that looked the least embarassing.

Koldun Kommander Zerkova   -6
Spriggan                   10
Kodiak                      8
Pressgangers (max)          6
WG Infantry (max)           6
w/ WG Rocketeer *3          3
Kayazy Eliminators          3
Widowmakers                 4
Great Bears of Gallowswood  5
MoW Drakhun (w/o)           4
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich    2
Sylys Wyshnallyr            2

My first opponent's list (from memory)

Krüger the Stormlord
Warpwolf Stalker
Gethorix
Druids of Orboros
w/ Overseer
Shifting Stones
Sthifting Stones
w/ Stone Keeper
Gallows Grove
Druid Wilder

I lost this game. To prevent that from happening on the bottom of round 2, I could've either a) not walked Zerkova up as far as I did or b) put Banishing Ward on Zerkova herself. Either way, Krüger could've not flown up, TK himself into 5" of Lady Z, TK her, then Gethorix who got teleported with Stones and subsequently ate me. I had launched the Drakhun earlier to kill a stone from the Stalker's Stones and feated, so 'porting was the only thing Gethorix could do to get over to me.
And Krüger didn't even feat. I'm not sure what to really do about this Warlock (yet), but swapping the Kodiak for faster combat troops and some utility models is a good idea. I'm certain that the mere inclusion of Orin Midwinter will quite effectively stop this kind of assassination run - the Orgoth Seal reduces the range of TK to 5", so Orin can be roughly 5" behind Lady Z to have Null Magic be effective. He'll also be ... useful against the Druids, I figure. Not as LOL-worthy as Banishing Warded PGs, but worthy.

Robin M's list (also from memory):

Morvahna the Autumn Blade
Stalker
Stalker
Gorax
Tharn Bloodtrackers
w/ Nuala
Shifting Stones
w/ Stone Keeper
Blackclad Wayfarer
Gallows Grove
Druid Wilder
Gatorman Witch Doctor
Sacral Vault

First off: I don't think the Sacral Vault isn't as BS as everybody cried he would be. Soulstorm is nice, but with SPD 4, and that gun, he isn't going very fast. That gun, though. Holy cripes. I lost the game because the Vault just shot Zerkova down. Okay, I also had no answers to Regrowth and/or Harvest (upkeep removal, firepower...), but I think I managed to deal with it as best as I could by only killing those I needed.
The Kodiak, once again, did nothing (well, except contest), so his position is becoming very uncomfortable. The Spriggan killed himself a Stalker (with good rolls) at least. Also, the WGI UA could've provided me with the firepower necessary to actually outgrind the Bloodtrackers (as could've, say, Eiryss2).
I say "could've" because I think that it's still a very daring statement. A combination of Eiryss 2 and WGI&UA might do it. Maybe.
Another thing to keep in mind is - if your opponent preys the PGs... just run one away to deny it further, Bloodtrackers become a little less awesome w/o this bonus.

Keeping those things mentioned in mind, here is the second iteration of my above list:

Koldun Kommander Zerkova    -6
Spriggan                    10
Pressgangers (max)           6
WG Infantry (max)            6
w/ Officer & Standart        2
w/ Rocketeers *3             3
Kayazy Eliminators           3
Widowmakers                  4
Great Bears of Gallowswood   5
MoW Drakhun (w/o)            4
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich     2
Sylys Wyshnallyr             2
Orin Midwinter               2
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution 3
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator 1

I woe the smaller Battlegroup, but it'll mainly boil down to keep the Bears (and Drakhun) around in order to keep trading up. Reinholdt went in because... I've had good success with him & Sylys. I could, however, also use that point to either get the Drakhun's Dismount, or drop a Rocketeer to make room for another 2pt Solo, though I don't know which exactly (I like Manhunters to crack Stones, though).
Also, damn, I want a Grolar. He could really help in the Circle matchup, and I'd go back to 2x Grolar as my BG even. For the time being, though, I know what I have to pack in my bag for the next matches.

Until next time, farewell!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen