Dienstag, 16. Mai 2023

CRS - Collection Sidegrades

I will start off by quoting myself. I hate doing it, and it's not the fine way of doing things, but I am in an appropriately unruly mood.

"I‘d hate to reach S3 right now," I said in my last post. And for the most part, I stand by that. Maybe add "...the end of [S3]..." in.

Let's snap this b***h.
From this day forward, a lot of things change in snap, some significantly (FU, DeathHulkWave!) for the better. One of the best things - the token shop getting a mystery S3 card for 1k tokens option - wasn't even in there!

But I'm not talking about that now. I wanna rag... I mean, ven... I mean, talk about the economy changes. A specific subset of those. The bad ones.
Not "Release straight to S4" or "Drop from S5 straight to S3" - those are good. Mostly.
But two things irk me. 

And "Yeah we're gonna increase the have/have-nots gap by keeping some cards permanently S4, fuck you S3 complete F2Plebbers!" is actually the lesser of the two evils to me. The BBEGs (Thanos/Galactus/Kang, currently (yikes)), due to their high 6k tokens price, gameplay power, and never being made more available, create a wide gap between the players who have them, and those who don't. And as per usual, the latter group will generally be more numerous.
Dark Hawk and Knull not going down to three, while being lower costed, less game-turning and more readily available (bc of the Collector's cache pity timer on S4 cards), will widen that gap, because time to grind and credits are limited.
Also, personal gripe, I was finally looking forward to getting Knull as my free-off through the token shop, cuz I'm a completionist on a budget. And let's not forget that with Modok and Zabu, another two impactful cards are on their shortlist of being gatekept from the wider public.

Which brings me to my essential frustration: them going "yooo, that reliable plan of cards being downgraded? Fuck that, we do what we want now. But don't worry, we trust in ze numberz, so no hard feelings, no, yes?"

SHOW US YOUR NUMBERS, 2ND DINNER, THEN WE'LL TALK!

They are a company and shouldn't be trusted to make the right decision at any rate. Also, going by which cards they chose to downgrade, I can tell this already about their "numbers":

The less a card is played, the faster/more certainly it gets downgraded.

Yup. In my not-so-humble-opinion, this disincentivises getting and playing new cards, bc you'd then get them faster for less.

It is Deflation in card acquisition. Who saw that one coming? I didn't, but I hope they get a taste of fresh air and think about what they've done.

But for now, remember it's all fun and games until you open an ugly pixel variant!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen